none
Showing PowerPoint Theme Colors Dialog RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there a way to present some built-in dialog where user could select one of the "theme colors" (to see what I mean, select a shape, go to Home tab and click Shape Fill dropdown, where you can see "Theme Colors" section).

I'm working on a VSTO solution where I need to allow user to choose from one the available Theme Colors. I'm currently using standard Windows Color dialog, but that doesn't support Theme colors. To my wonder, I couldn't find any built-in dialog in PowerPoint too where one could select a theme color. They only appear in the Ribbon. So if anyone could guide me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks much.

Shujaat

Friday, December 30, 2011 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Shujaat

Actually, the Theme Colors are present in various dialog boxes - anywhere you can select a color. But they aren't available as a separate dialog box - that's foreign to the Ribbon interface concept. A dialog box is only used for making multiple settings on the same object and it's assumed that most users won't be needing that.

If you're using a Ribbon interface you should be able to put a built-in Ribbon button into your own Ribbon interface. For example, the Colors button in Design/Themes (idMso ThemeColorsGallery).

Other than that, the only thing that occurs to me would be to pick up the colors from the OpenXML file that defines the Themes being offered and use that information to create a color palette in whatever user interface it is that you want to use...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:40 AM