none
GoalSeek in VB.net RRS feed

• Question

• HI all

Can anyone provide me solution for Excel Goal Seek Option to Use in VB.net, Even though I have tried my level to get code for GoalSeek in Excel using macros as follows

aaa=4259.6

bbb=10

Range("D11").GoalSeek(Goal=0,Changingcell=range("D15")

here D11 cell contains value of aaa and D15 cell contains value of bbb in Excel , when I debug this code i got Public Member GoalSeek on Type Double not Found error, Please help me out

Thanks In Advance

Sunday, February 14, 2016 9:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Ajaybabu,

What's the problem you want to use GoalSeek to resolve?

The GoalSeek formula/function is used to find the input value the formula needs to get that result when you know the result you want from a formula. There is no formula in the D11, the error is expected.

Please refer to link below about GoalSeek usage:

Use Goal Seek to find a result by adjusting an input value

And if you want to using this function in the code, you can try to record a macro for quick start.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Ajaybabu,

Visual Basic forum is aim to discuss and ask questions about the Visual Basic programming language. We will move your thread to Excel for Dev forum for dedicated help.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, February 15, 2016 3:09 AM
  • Hi Ajaybabu,

What's the problem you want to use GoalSeek to resolve?

The GoalSeek formula/function is used to find the input value the formula needs to get that result when you know the result you want from a formula. There is no formula in the D11, the error is expected.

Please refer to link below about GoalSeek usage:

Use Goal Seek to find a result by adjusting an input value

And if you want to using this function in the code, you can try to record a macro for quick start.

Regards & Fei

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:00 AM