Adding extra blank page after group RRS feed

• Question

• I have a report which prints on both sides,
    Every client should be printed on a new page,
    But if the number of pages of the client is an odd number,
    I have to add an extra blank page after it so that the next client can be printed on a new paper.
    How can I do this??

Thanks a lot!!!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 2:35 AM

All replies

• bumping this...

Those links have no solution. I have the same problem. 2-sided printing and each client needs to start on an odd page number. My client group section header already has this formula for the "New Page Before" hook...

groupnumber > 1

that's so each client starts on a new page. But I need to add another page when the client is starting on an even page number( i.e. the backside of the paper).

So I tried adding this to the "New Page After" hook in the group footer...

remainder(pagenumber, 2) = 1

but those two hook methods don't appear to work together. Even if I put true in both, there is not a blank page.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 8:52 PM
  • Solved.

I added an extra section to the client's group header (right click section -> insert section). Moved all my heading down into the new section and made the top section empty (and really small). Then in the empty header section I put these formulas...

New Page Before: groupnumber > 1

to make each client start on a new page

New Page After: remainder(pagenumber, 2) = 0

to make each client always start on an odd page number.

Works like a charm. I also added another parameter to control the page break style. So the New Page After formula is actually this...
    not {NormalPrintStyle} and remainder(pagenumber, 2) = 0

Hope this helps someone.
    • Proposed as answer by C Caesar Thursday, June 5, 2008 12:12 PM
    Wednesday, May 7, 2008 1:14 PM
  •  
    Joe Beam said:

Solved.

I added an extra section to the client's group header (right click section -> insert section). Moved all my heading down into the new section and made the top section empty (and really small). Then in the empty header section I put these formulas...

New Page Before: groupnumber > 1

to make each client start on a new page

New Page After: remainder(pagenumber, 2) = 0

to make each client always start on an odd page number.

Works like a charm. I also added another parameter to control the page break style. So the New Page After formula is actually this...

not {NormalPrintStyle} and remainder(pagenumber, 2) = 0

Hope this helps someone.

That works perfectly.

Thanks.
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 12:14 PM