none
Excel 2010 - using VBA to call on C# Methods and User Interface (Forms) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm relatively new to C# programming and am wondering if anyone has tried the following integration with Excel:

• C# Excel 2010 Add-in created in Visual Studio
    • Excel 2010 workbook (worksheet) with VBA/Active-X command buttons that call on methods, etc from the above add-in (via VSTO?)

My objective is to create a worksheet template that my colleagues will have inserted into some of their Excel workbooks.  I want to create a form-driven user interface for this template that does not get saved into each workbook, but externally as an add-in.  The template (worksheet) will include VBA/Active-X command buttons that call up the user interface forms and functions, so there has to be some communication between the VBA Sheet code module and the add-in.

C# is the chosen language to build the solution in as it is the preferred language in my organisation.  I'm also not very familiar with VSTO (neither with COM).

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice as to this type of solution?  Maybe to some on-line help or to some books on the subject?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:14 AM

Answers

All replies