How to create a Custom Exception Handler using Micorosft Exception Handling Application Block? RRS feed

• Question

• User1666665689 posted

Dear Friends,

Can any one let me know "How to create a Custom Exception Handler using Microsoft Exception Handling Application Blocks"

I will be having a set of Exceptions which will be getting maintained in an XML File along with the User Friendly Messages for a particular Exception. Whenever an Exception occurs in the projects first it need to check with the Exceptions present in the XML File and need to display the concerned user friendly message for that particular exception to the user..

I am not able to get an idea on "How to start with the Microsoft Exception Handler Application Block" to achieve this". Please help me in this regard...

Thanks and Regards,

G.V.N.Sandeep.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:54 AM

Answers

• User1671336505 posted

Hi,

To achieve this, you can derive your own class from the base class 'Exception' and you can then throw your customized exception from the catch block of ur code. The catch block would now catch not the generic exception but your customized exception.

Cheers!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:47 AM