login problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Thank you for giving wonderful solutions to facing sql server problems.

In production sql server one user not connected, he is a trusted user, but login failed.

Would you please what process we are follow to find user and connecting process to that user.

Please provide what type of process is taking in sql server.

Thanks&Regards,

Nagendra 

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Could you please provide the error message you are getting? You may looka t error log for the same.

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:15 AM
  • is your SQL server in domain or not ???. what rights you have given to that users ???

Please give us more details or exact error so we can help you.

Akshay Pate Server Administrator

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:23 AM
  • Hi,
    First, we need to check whether the login is available under SQL Server instance->”Security”->”Logins” list. (please confirm with the user which login he/she used to logon to SQL Server).Next, we need to confirm the specific error message, please share us the error message or screenshot as we could analysis further. I have provided a general troubleshoot for such issue. Please refer them.
    Troubleshooting: Login Failed for User 'x'
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms366351(v=sql.105).aspx
    Troubleshooting specific Login Failed error messages
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlserverfaq/archive/2010/10/27/troubleshooting-specific-login-failed-error-messages.aspx
    Thanks,
    Candy Zhou

• Edited by Candy_Zhou Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:23 AM edit
    • Proposed as answer by Rama Udaya Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Allen Li - MSFT Monday, September 2, 2013 1:54 PM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:22 AM
  • Check the error log file & share the complete login failure message for complete details.

Regards,
    Rohit Garg
    (My Blog)
    This posting is provided with no warranties and confers no rights.
    Please remember to click Mark as Answer and Vote as Helpful on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:30 PM