none
GraphEdit error 0x80004002 when playing webcam on WES7 with UAC on RRS feed

• Question

• I have made an installation with Windows 7 Embedded Standard Sp1 (evalluation version).

In GraphEdit I made a graph for capturing and rendering video from a USB-webcam.

As administrator-user and UAC disabled, this graph plays and displays the video from the webcam.

With UAC enabled running the graph gives an 0x80004002 error.

On my desktop-PC with Windows 7 such a graph with problems as standard-user and UAC enabled.

How to display webcam-video on my WES7 installation, for a standard user and UAC enabled?

Is  there something missing in my WES7 installation? (As defined in the answer file configured with Image Confugration Editor.)

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:57 AM

All replies

• This one could be searching for a needle in a haystack. Did you build a full OS image or a smaller custom one?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:01 PM
  • I am searching already a complete week this needle, because it must be found.

It is almost a full OS image, but without MediaCenter, "Data Access and Storage" and "Embedded Enabling Features".

-Joost

Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:20 AM
  • What about driver packages?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:29 PM
  • Enough driver packages to let it work for administrator-user and UAC off.

Driver packages:

61883, Avc, Bluetooth, Digitalmediadevices, Display, Dot4, Hidclass, Images, Keyboard, Media, Mediacenterextenders, Net, Netservice, Printer (3 drivers), Scsiadapter, Sensor, smartcard, Smartcartfilter, System, Usb and Wpd.

-Joost

Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:15 PM
  • All the WDM-devices failed to work in GraphEdit with UAC on.

e.g. :
    Audio Capture Sources > Microphone (USB Audio Device) : is working.
    WDM Streaming Capture Devices > USB Audio Device : is failing.

-Joost

Friday, June 1, 2012 1:01 PM
  • HI,

I have exactly the same problem, driver is ok on device manager, webcam is display on Video Capture Source (graphedit).

I can insert webcam filter and render pin (to add video renderer ) but when i play : 0x80004002 - Interface not supported.

- Please help -

Friday, December 14, 2012 3:17 PM