• User52625461 posted

Hello All,

I have written custom attribute for DisplayName as follows

namespace CRM.Model
    {
        public class LocalizedDisplayNameAttribute : DisplayNameAttribute
        {
            private readonly string resourcekey;

public LocalizedDisplayNameAttribute(string resourceId)
                : base(GetMessageFromResource(resourceId))
            { 

}

public static string GetMessageFromResource(string resourceId)
            {
                // My Localization logic
                  return LocalizationResourceProvider.Current.GetString(resourceId);
            }

}
    }

When model is loaded/initiated for the first time the above custom attribute class is called successfully.

But if, I will post back the page then, it doesn't get called.

For example when I change my language from English to French. it still displays the English content.

Why it is so ? How can I solve this issue ? Can we load the Model data explicitly

Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:57 AM

Answers

• User-1336211562 posted

Hi Rohit,<!--?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /--><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

When model is loaded/initiated for the first time the above custom attribute class is called successfully.<o:p></o:p>

But if, I will post back the page then, it doesn't get called.<o:p></o:p>

For example when I change my language from English to French. it still displays the English content.<o:p></o:p>

Why it is so ? How can I solve this issue ? Can we load the Model data explicitly<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

From your description, I'm not very sure about your issue. And, I also not sure about the meaning of load the Model data explicitly. According to your code, I suppose the DisplayNameAttribute is used to get the display name. But, I don't know why it is related to change language? <o:p></o:p>

So, I suppose perhaps you want to achieve change language function in your MVC application. If that is the case, I would like to suggest you set a break point to check your code to see if there is anything breaking.<o:p></o:p>

Here is a thread about change language in MVC Application, you could refer to it.<o:p></o:p>

http://forums.asp.net/t/1723919.aspx?How+can+I+change+language+of+my+MVC+3+Application<o:p></o:p>

Best Regards,
    Luther

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 6:27 AM