none
Add new class bug? ASP.NET 5 MVC VS2015 Update 2

Question

• Using VS2015 Pro Update 2. I am in an Empty ASP.NET 5 MVC project, right clicking on a folder and choosing 'Add new class' defaults me to the next screen '.NET Core/Typescript file' instead of the '.NET Core/Server-side/class' template. Is this a bug? Shouldn't it directly default to a class type since I am 'Adding a new class'?

You are so wise...like a miniature budha covered in fur. -Anchorman

Friday, March 11, 2016 4:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Reza Mohamed,

Thanks for your post.

I did a test in my side using VS2015 Community Update 2. And the behavior in my side is same to yours.

According to our test results. I think it is default design in Visual Studio. I also tested it in VS2015 Update1 and the behavior is same.

So if you feel the behavior is not correct. I suggest you could submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal:

http://connect.microsoft.com, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them.

Also please share link here. Since my result is same to you. I will help to vote it. 

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, March 14, 2016 6:39 AM
  • Don't you think if I am adding a 'New Class' it should default me to the class template and not a type script template? Hence I think it needs to be fixed.

You are so wise...like a miniature budha covered in fur. -Anchorman

Monday, March 14, 2016 7:49 PM
  • Hi Reza Mohamed,

Yes, I am agree with you. I have submit a feedback report for this issue.

Please take a look at the following link:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/2472905/add-new-class-defaults-me-to-the-next-screen-net-core-typescript-file-instead-of-the-net-core-server-side-class-template

Please vote it and add your comments. Once VS team confirm it is a bug, they will fix it and update result there.

In addition, please mark this reply as an answer so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly, and I could close this case.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:05 AM