none
Oracle Adapter - Polling Select Statement not correct RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I"m using the following statement as my polling statement within a Receive Location: WCF-Custom Adapter.

"select A.NAME_1, B.PO_DATE, B.PO_NUM, C.LINE_SEQ, C.ITEM_NUM, C.VENDOR_NUM, C.VEND_ITEM, C.PURCH_UOM, D.ON_HAND, D.CUST_ORDERS, D.ISSUED, D.COMMITTED_QTY from elite_76_D.org A, elite_76_D.po_h B, elite_76_D.po_l C, elite_76_D.item_w D where C.ORG_CODE = A.ORG_CODE and C.PO_NUM = B.PO_NUM and C.ITEM_NUM = D.ITEM_NUM and C.WHSE_CODE = D.WHSE_CODE and C.VENDOR_NUM = '541236';"

I am receiving an error indicating that only 'SELECT' queries are supported.

"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.ListenerException: The adapter encountered a wrong polling query statement: "select A.NAME_1, B.PO_DATE, B.PO_NUM, C.LINE_SEQ, C.ITEM_NUM, C.VENDOR_NUM, C.VEND_ITEM, C.PURCH_UOM, D.ON_HAND, D.CUST_ORDERS, D.ISSUED, D.COMMITTED_QTY from elite_76_D.org A, elite_76_D.po_h B, elite_76_D.po_l C, elite_76_D.item_w D where C.ORG_CODE = A.ORG_CODE and C.PO_NUM = B.PO_NUM and C.ITEM_NUM = D.ITEM_NUM and C.WHSE_CODE = D.WHSE_CODE and C.VENDOR_NUM = '541236';". Only 'SELECT' queries are supported for the PollingStatement binding property.

Can someone please clarify this issue for me?

Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:01 PM

Answers

• The select statement should not have quotes or semicolon at the end. Can you pls try the following as your select statement: select A.NAME_1, B.PO_DATE ... and C.VENDOR_NUM = '541236'
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:34 PM

All replies

• The select statement should not have quotes or semicolon at the end. Can you pls try the following as your select statement: select A.NAME_1, B.PO_DATE ... and C.VENDOR_NUM = '541236'
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:34 PM
  • Thank you so much. Dead-on correct!
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:58 PM