none
Solution Explorer and adding Items to the Project

Question

• When I add a new item to my project on my computer at home it saves the relative path address.  When I add a new item to the project at my work computer it seems to save the full path location in the project file.  When I then pull the file from my git repo I get an error unless I edit the vcxproj file myself.

I'd post a screenshot of the project file but I'm waiting to verify the account.

Does anyone know the settings I need to change so the project path is saved as a relative path instead of the full path? Thank you.

Saturday, April 16, 2016 2:06 PM

Answers

• Resetting the environment settings does not recreate the error.

As you can see by my screenshot in my last reply the project file saves the relative path where before it was saving the full path and causing problems when moving to another computer.

As the problem has resolved by itself we should close this thread, however if I get the problem again I'll post a screen shot of the project file.

cheers

Monday, May 09, 2016 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Christopher,

>>When I then pull the file from my git repo I get an error unless I edit the vcxproj file myself.

Could you please tell me what's the error messsage? And how do you solve it by editing the vcxproj file?

I have tested in my side. And the location is always the full path.

As you can see the Full path, it's grey out and uneditable. If possible, please provide us the detailed steps and screenshot to reproduce your problem so that we could better troubleshoot it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, April 18, 2016 5:55 AM
  • Hi Lake

The error I get is: "Could not find a part of the path ...."

When I add a file now the project file saves the location like this:

Relative Paths

However when I had the error message it was due to the include path being written in full.

There must be some project settings that have changed since I posted the original question because I am having trouble recreating the error.

Thursday, May 05, 2016 11:21 AM
  • Hi Christopher,

>>There must be some project settings that have changed since I posted the original question because I am having trouble recreating the error.

If you feel like some settings affect it, you could restore the settings of your Visual Studio.

Please try restoring the settings of your Visual Studio(Tools->Import and Export settings->Reset all settings) then try it again.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, May 06, 2016 12:51 AM
  • Resetting the environment settings does not recreate the error.

As you can see by my screenshot in my last reply the project file saves the relative path where before it was saving the full path and causing problems when moving to another computer.

As the problem has resolved by itself we should close this thread, however if I get the problem again I'll post a screen shot of the project file.

cheers

Monday, May 09, 2016 7:16 AM
  • Hi Christopher J,

Thanks for your response.

>>however if I get the problem again I'll post a screen shot of the project file.

Yes, if the problem occurred again, please feel free to share here. We will follow up it. And now I will close this thread since the problem is solved now.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, May 09, 2016 7:21 AM