none
GeneralDateNotValid error when updating resource hire date RRS feed

• Question

• i am using PSI to update resources custom fields. One of fields i need to update is a datetime custom field for HR last hire date. However, i am getting an error on some on the resources who were hired a long time ago. (for example in 1980)

The error i am getting is " GeneralDateNotValid" .  When I looked up the error, i see that it means the following:  "Dates must be in the range of 1/1/1984 to 12/12/2049."

So how do i update a datetime custom field if i need to use dates before 1984?

tatiana

Friday, October 24, 2014 6:10 PM

Answers

• Indeed that would be my suggestion. For people hired before 1984, enter either 1/1/1984 if the date is required or not otherwise, create a text custom field and enter the date manually for those resource. 

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

Friday, October 24, 2014 6:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Tatiana,

Unfortunately your date custom fields must be in the specified interval. I do not know any workaround. Unless someone jumps in and provides you a workaround, you'll have to deal with this constraint, meaning set at soonest date after 1/1/1984.

Reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ms508961(v=office.15).aspx

Hope this helps,

Friday, October 24, 2014 6:18 PM
  • wow..to me this seems like a serious limitation. if a resource was hired before 1984 - there is no way to save it into a datetime field!

thank you for your response Guillaume.

I guess i will be switching my datetime custom field for a regular text field (unless someone has any other suggestions?)

tatiana

Friday, October 24, 2014 6:33 PM
  • Indeed that would be my suggestion. For people hired before 1984, enter either 1/1/1984 if the date is required or not otherwise, create a text custom field and enter the date manually for those resource. 

Hope this helps,

Friday, October 24, 2014 6:35 PM