Geofence - windows phone 8.1 is not working in my app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am trying to implement the Geofence feature .

i done the following:

1. implemented a background task with the location trigger - and registered the the background task

2. when my app starts, I add a Geofence

3. In 'Package.appmanifest' -> Declaration I added my Background task

But still it does not work, for some reason .

Is there something more that I should do? like priority for a background task? 

I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 12:02 PM

Answers

• Hello Schubert Jessica,

Is it a Windows Runtime App or WPSL app?

There are lots of things you may need to follow. For example, have you checked the BackgroundAccessStatus to see if your application can access backgroundtask?

If it is winrt app, I recommend you check the following blog:

https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2013/08/20/creating-smarter-apps-with-geofencing/

Which contains some code about how you can handle Geofence related issue and some related links you can reference.

Also in msdn we can see Geofencing reference.

By the way, when you search online with some search engine, you can search for some topic like "Geofencing in Windows Phone 8.1 WinRT ". There are also some related topics. I think you can refer to them to check your code.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Saturday, November 7, 2015 8:51 AM
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hello Schubert Jessica,

Is it a Windows Runtime App or WPSL app?

There are lots of things you may need to follow. For example, have you checked the BackgroundAccessStatus to see if your application can access backgroundtask?

If it is winrt app, I recommend you check the following blog:

https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2013/08/20/creating-smarter-apps-with-geofencing/

Which contains some code about how you can handle Geofence related issue and some related links you can reference.

Also in msdn we can see Geofencing reference.

By the way, when you search online with some search engine, you can search for some topic like "Geofencing in Windows Phone 8.1 WinRT ". There are also some related topics. I think you can refer to them to check your code.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Saturday, November 7, 2015 8:51 AM
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:10 AM
  • @Jessica,

If you still have any problem please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Barry

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:47 PM