adding files to usb external hard drives RRS feed

• Question

• ewhen i try to move files after download to empty space on usb external hard drives this pc window 7 hp pavilion elite HPE-110f desktop will freeze up by explorer 9. i am having a hard time installing these drives. i had a microsoft tech. do an upgrade to this windows 7 home premium so we could install sp1 for windows. i had to unplug all the usb devices. now i am facing alot work to re-install all these devices. i need alot of support.other wise i am not looking foward to alot of crashes. i dont understand how many times you have to install a external hard drive.?windows doesnt think that way. i have 16 gb of ram on these unit and it doesnt seem to matter. plus i installed 2 3.0 usb cards and windows does not see them anymore. alot of work to find files. it isnt plug and play like alot of the devices are.

walter shebib

Saturday, July 28, 2012 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Walter,

Probably the best advice if your having that many issues with USB Thumb Drives is to make sure you purchase Brand Name drives so the drivers are easily found or Microsoft has written them or stop using Thumb Drives and purchase a 1-2TB HD for less than $100 to save yourself the grief. Last always leave the auto updates on Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 has been out for about a year and a half now...

Cheers,

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.

Saturday, July 28, 2012 8:46 PM