none
How to save Excel workbook as .dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, colleagues

I have recently faced the following challenge: I have to convert somehow Excel file as .dll library and then open it from .NET desktop application as normal Excel file. I have no ideas on doing this yet. Please advise me on the most efficient way to do so.

Thank you in advance,

PG_Develop

Friday, May 26, 2017 6:00 PM

Answers

• Hi PG_Develop,

we can't convert Excel file as DLL.

you had mentioned that you want to open it using Desktop Application as normal Excel file.

so why you need to convert it?

try to describe your issue in detail so that we can try to understand it and try to provide you a solution for that.

I suggest you to study the Excel object model and try to use Excel interop library in your Desktop Application to fulfil your requirement.

Excel Object Model Overview

if it not solve your issue then I suggest you to describe your requirement in detail.

Regards

Deepak 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by PG_Develop Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:41 PM
    Monday, May 29, 2017 2:16 AM

All replies

• Hi PG_Develop,

we can't convert Excel file as DLL.

you had mentioned that you want to open it using Desktop Application as normal Excel file.

so why you need to convert it?

try to describe your issue in detail so that we can try to understand it and try to provide you a solution for that.

I suggest you to study the Excel object model and try to use Excel interop library in your Desktop Application to fulfil your requirement.

Excel Object Model Overview

if it not solve your issue then I suggest you to describe your requirement in detail.

Regards

Deepak 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by PG_Develop Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:41 PM
    Monday, May 29, 2017 2:16 AM
  • Hello, Deepak

Thank you for the answer! 

I will create new topic, where will describe my issue.

Sorry for late response

Thank again

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:41 PM