NuGet Packager Failing - Cannot Find replacement tokens RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get the Automated build to publish package and publish my project to a NuGet feed (hosted in VSTS).

I'm using $Id$, $version$ etc in my nuspec file and whenever I try to publish it states that

The replacement token 'id' has no value

The main reason I'm using tokens is so I can use my build number for the version, and so of course because it can't find any of the tokens from my proj file it's just not working.

Please help!

Thursday, March 10, 2016 4:44 PM

Answers

• Please make sure that you pass your projectName.csproj file and NOT the projectName.nuspec file, and let us know the feedback.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:56 PM

All replies

• Hello Brett Hargreaves,

Thank you for posting in here.

I would suggest you to try this Make sure you build the project before packaging Nuget.

If it doesn’t work, ensure you defined the assembly description in Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs file for the project you are targeting when calling nuget.exe pack.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Friday, March 11, 2016 9:52 AM
  • Yes I've checked all that.  The package publishes fine if I do it manually from my Dev Machine - it just fails when trying to do it from the VSTS as part of the automated build process.
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:49 PM
  • Please make sure that you pass your projectName.csproj file and NOT the projectName.nuspec file, and let us know the feedback.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:56 PM
  • Got it - yes that was the issue.

Thank you!

Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:23 PM