none
When I try to install the SQL Server 2012 SP3 , I got a message telling me Index(zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list

Question

•  I got a message telling me Index(zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list. When I try to install SQL Server 2012 SP3; I know this issue happened in SQL server 2008 due to compatibilty, but this is not case for SQL Server 2012.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2016 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you have any database with compatibility level 90? SQL Server 2012 does not support that compatibility level.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:47 PM
  • Hi Braulio C,

Could you please elaborate more on the issue, are you applying service pack to an existing SQL Server 2012 instance or it’s a fresh install? In either case I would suggest you upload SQL Server installation log to a file share service and share the link here so we can have a better understanding about the issue.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:25 AM