get address from geolocation in universal app XAML\C#

Question

• in Windows Phone 8 App, I was able to get the adress of a location with the ReverseGeocodeQuery.

ReverseGeocodeQuery rgq = new ReverseGeocodeQuery();

rgq.GeoCoordinate = new GeoCoordinate(lat, lon);

rgq.QueryCompleted += rgq_QueryCompleted;

rgq.QueryAsync();

I want to make the same thing with an Universal app.

In this link,  ther e is an example to make it in Windows phone 8.1.

But, how Can I do it in Windows 8.1?

Monday, September 1, 2014 8:13 PM

Answers

• Alright, so you may need some API that can translate the geoloaction to the address.

Bing Map can help you with this feature, I found an blog online: http://diptimayapatra.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/get-address-by-location-in-bing-map-in-windows-store-app-xaml/, you could get the address by location.

You may need more information in Bing Map for Windows Store App forum.

--James

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by rams3s94 Tuesday, September 2, 2014 11:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arnaud Smadja Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:45 PM
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Arnaud,

There is a documentation for you: Quickstart: Detecting a user's location and Geolocation Sample the one for Windows Store App.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:30 AM
  • Hi James,

thanks for your answer.

Your answer is about get the location from the devices.

I need to get the address details with this location.

So this doen't answer to my request, sorry.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:39 AM
  • Alright, so you may need some API that can translate the geoloaction to the address.

Bing Map can help you with this feature, I found an blog online: http://diptimayapatra.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/get-address-by-location-in-bing-map-in-windows-store-app-xaml/, you could get the address by location.

You may need more information in Bing Map for Windows Store App forum.

--James

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

• Proposed as answer by rams3s94 Tuesday, September 2, 2014 11:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arnaud Smadja Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:45 PM
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:53 AM