none
EDI Message failed routing because there is no subscribing orchestration or send port. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have EDI message with EDIFACT. When I am trying to receive the message and route to Orchestration I am getting this error.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event ID: 5753
    Date:  3/17/2009
    Time:  5:21:50 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: INHYDSAURIN
    Description:
    A message received by adapter "FILE" on receive location "RcvLocEDIMsg" with URI "C:\Documents and Settings\sthakar\Desktop\Test\CUSCARProject\EDI Message\*.edi" is suspended.
     Error details: The output message of the receive pipeline "CUSCARProject.ReceivePipeline1, CUSCARProject, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0d8a56ea64f481d0" failed routing because there is no subscribing orchestration or send port.
     The sequence number of the suspended message is 1. 
     MessageId:  {F1B96405-CF73-4075-9A45-E31F0CBAEB83}
     InstanceID: {A150C172-0E85-4F46-8C59-0679BBB04736}

My Orchestration is in Active state to receive the message.

I did experiment with the same message with .xml my Orchestation Invoking the message.

My Message look like :

UNB+UNOA:1+ISTCO+SOKHNACUST+060301:1036+840+        +CUSCAR'
    UNH+00000000001431+CUSCAR:D:95B:UN'
    BGM+785++9'
    DTM+137:0603011036:201'
    NAD+MS+MAEU:172:166'
    TDT+20+9810+1++MAEU:172:166+++OYDM2:103::KIRSTEN MAERSK:DK'
    LOC+60+GBFXS:139'
    DTM+132:19981011:102'
    EQD+CN+APHU6004720+:102:5:4400+++8'
    TSR++2:::2'
    MEA+AAE+G+KGM:15016'
    SEL+JP0869216+CA'
    CNI+1+LDN012134'
    RFF+BM:LDN01234'
    LOC+80+MGMJN::6:MAHAJANGA'
    LOC+8+CNNGB::6:NINGBO'
    LOC+9+ZADUR::6:DURBAN'
    LOC+11+HKHKG::6:HONG KONG'
    LOC+76+MGMJN::6:MAHAJANGA'
    GIS+23'
    NAD+CZ++SHIPPER OF THE GOODS:HIGH TOWERS-11TH FLOOR:YOKOHAMA:JAPAN'
    NAD+CN++CONSIGNEE - RECIPIENT:ENTERPRISE HOUSE:THE BUSINESS CENTRE:BARKINGESSEX IG11OJU'
    GID+1+1:1A1'
    MEA+AAE+G+KGM:15016'
    MEA+AAE+AAW+MTQ:33.784'
    SGP+MAEU7305462+785'
    PCI+24+MARKS AND NUMBERS:LOT NO.1-6:& V/MARKS'
    CST+1+100'
    GIS+23'
    UNT+29+00000000001431'
    UNZ+1+840'

At receive pipeline I am using "Covast.BizTalk.Pipeline.EDI.CovastEDIReceivePipeline" which have inbuid fetures.

Can anyone help me out to this solution?

Thank you in Advance....

Fondly,
    Saurin Thakkar

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:21 PM

Answers

• What I would do is take a look at the context properties of the message that is suspended. (Take a screen shot)
    Then in the management console, look at all of the subscriptions, if you have an orcestration, or simply a send port with filters, take a look at the subscription description for it.
    Just yesterday I had a client that was getting the same issue, and it was a problem where in the filter it was 'http://microsoft.com/EDI/...' and the message came in as 'http://microsoft.com/Edi/...' 
    Once she changed the filter by copying the context property from the suspended message to the filter (instead of typing it manually) things started working.

If this answers your question, please click the "Answer" button | Eric Stott
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:52 PM
  • Set your filter in the send port to the recieve port. That will take care of the problem.
    New post
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,
        Please tell us what version of Biztalk are you using? And where is your message supposed to go(to an orchestration or to a send port).

Generally this problem comes when one do not have appropriate filter settings.

Thanks
    Gyan
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:32 PM
  • Hello Prakash,

I am using BizTalk server 2006 (Not R2).

I want to subscribe my message to Orachestration. I want to do some process on the message.

I have not set any filter property at Orchestration. Do I need to set?

Fondly,
    Saurin Thakkar 
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:38 PM
  • You should add the filter for this message in your orchestration.

Thanks
    Gyan
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:52 PM
  • Ok !

I am using the same process with XML Message it is working. Is is something specific for EDI Messages?

I have no promoted property. I will try to configure with other message property. I will try to find the solution and come back to this form soon.

Thank you very much...

Fondly,
    Saurin Thakkar
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:57 PM
  • Hi Prakash,

I am getting the same error after setting the filter property at the receive shape of the Ochestration.

(BTS.ReceivePortName == "RcvEDIMSg")

"RcvEDIMSg" is my receive port Name.

Can I see the message published into Tracted DB? It is with ImgData. Is that message is not compitable with my Orchestration message?

Where I am doing mistake? Can you guess?

Fondly,
    Saurin Thakkar
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:22 PM
  • Hi....

When I am trying to use Filter expression Same error is throwing also apart from this one more error stating that 

"The Messaging Engine encountered an unexpected error while trying to suspend messages received by adapter "FILE" that failed due to routing failure. Details: "An error occurred when accessing the part data or one of its fragments. The part data or fragment may not exist in the database. "

Still I am missing something I dont know what?

Please guide me...

Thanks !!!!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:46 PM
  • Hi Saurin,

Have you downloaded (www.covast.com login to Client Area), imported and deployed the Covast CUSCAR D95B schema to the BizTalk server? After deploying you need to setup the EDI party in the Covast administration console.

On your receive location use the CovastEDIReceivePipeline to receive the EDI message. Add a filter expression to your send port. (bts.ReceivePortName = Receive Port)

Best regards

Rasmus Jaeger
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:51 PM
  • What I would do is take a look at the context properties of the message that is suspended. (Take a screen shot)
    Then in the management console, look at all of the subscriptions, if you have an orcestration, or simply a send port with filters, take a look at the subscription description for it.
    Just yesterday I had a client that was getting the same issue, and it was a problem where in the filter it was 'http://microsoft.com/EDI/...' and the message came in as 'http://microsoft.com/Edi/...' 
    Once she changed the filter by copying the context property from the suspended message to the filter (instead of typing it manually) things started working.

If this answers your question, please click the "Answer" button | Eric Stott
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:52 PM
  • Set your filter in the send port to the recieve port. That will take care of the problem.
    New post
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:25 PM