Using Domain Accounts to Authenticate Out-of-Domain Application Fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

One of the our vendors is using their Active Directory  Domain username and password to login from their network to our application which is out of their Domain. when we initially setup user accounts for this vendor they wanted the usernames to be exactly same as their domain accounts and we have set them up accordingly. The vendor is using some form of single sign-on/passport authentication, when they sign onto the network it saves the login credentials in a cookie which it uses when logging into our application which is out-of their domain (so the user does not have to retype the username and password).

When they change the password for the domain login as part of their Security Policy which happens once in a Quarter. It saves the new password in the cookies and uses it to try to log into our application.

The problem is that the password for login into the application has not changed (changing it at their network/domain level does not automatically change it in the application that is outside their domain) and so they are experiencing login problems after they change their password in their domain. When they go into the application and change the password to match the password from the domain everything works fine.

This is what I think is happening and we need to come up with a solution for this problem. I don't think we can fix it easily, if at all. However, i would love to get some recommendations on how best we can resolve this problem.

Regards,

Danda

Thursday, January 5, 2012 6:34 AM

All replies

• Can you setup a trust relationship ala Federated Services?
    http://pauliom.wordpress.com
    Friday, January 6, 2012 2:58 PM