How to share content from my windows 8 app(html5/winjs) to facebook.

Question

• Hi everyone i juste want to ask about some steps that allow me to post content from my windows 8 app (html5/winjs) on facebook .

The share charm shows just email and not others social networks.

I would like to follow some tutorials or ressorces to accomplish that task.

Thinks Windows8 Universe :) 

Friday, February 22, 2013 11:22 AM

Answers

• The share charm will show Facebook if the user has configured Facebook in the People app (or in another app which provides a Facebook share target).

That would be the recommended way to share content in most cases as it gives the user the most control and flexibility.

If you want to create your own share target or otherwise connect directly to Facebook then you would need to use Facebook's web API. You will need to get the details from Facebook (this link looks likely: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/api/ ).

--Rob

Friday, February 22, 2013 4:54 PM
    Owner

All replies

• The share charm will show Facebook if the user has configured Facebook in the People app (or in another app which provides a Facebook share target).

That would be the recommended way to share content in most cases as it gives the user the most control and flexibility.

If you want to create your own share target or otherwise connect directly to Facebook then you would need to use Facebook's web API. You will need to get the details from Facebook (this link looks likely: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/api/ ).

--Rob

Friday, February 22, 2013 4:54 PM
    Owner
  • I cannot get my people app to show up in my share charm. In Settings it says that people should be showing up, but that is not the case. 
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:44 PM
  • It will show up if your app shares types that it understands. I would make sure my app shared as many data formats as made sense (see Choosing data formats ) and experiment with the Sharing content target app sample and the Sharing content source app sample to understand what different types imply.

--Rob

Monday, October 28, 2013 8:47 PM
    Owner