none
VSTO deployment issue on XP machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My installer is giving the following error on xp machine:

Error 1001: Exception occurred while initializing the installation:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException.Could not load file or assembly.

'file ///C:\ProgramFiles\Agnisys\IDSWord\IDesignSpecWord2007.dll' or one of its dependencies .

The system cannot find the file mentioned.

same installer works for windows 7.

for more detail, please see the log file: log

Thanks,

saurabh

Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:35 AM

Answers

• Most probably your antivirus software blocked the file. That is why the installer couldn't locate the required file. Is this the case? You can try to remove the windows registry entries of your add-in and files on the disk. Actually, the actions depend on your installer.
    Friday, January 3, 2014 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hello Saurabh,

Did you have a chance to look at the specified folder? Does it contain the IDesignSpecWord2007.dll file?

It looks like an error occurred in the code of your custom actions. Am I on the right avenue?

I have noticed the following line of code before the error message:

MsiUnpublishAssemblies: Application Context:C:|Program Files|Agnisys|IDSWord|IDesignSpecWord2007.dll, Assembly Name:IDesignSpecWord2007,Version="4.8.2.0",Culture="neutral",PublicKeyToken="E39952F845D17FF7",ProcessorArchitecture="MSIL"

Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:44 PM
  • Hi Eugene Astafiev,

Target directory have not IDesignSpecWord2007.dll file. our application had installed partially, how to uninstall it completely. uninstall from control panel is not working. 

Have you found any security issue or any other problem in log file. I have also tried same msi on other xp machine, it works.

Friday, January 3, 2014 5:10 AM
  • Hello Saurabh0571,

I didn't notice any security issue in the log. You can try to reproduce the issue with a clean newly created add-in. Does it work as expected?

Do you have any antivirus software installed on the problematic PC?

Friday, January 3, 2014 9:37 AM
  • Hi Eugene Astafiev

then what is the problem with it, I'm not able to uninstall it completely, please suggest me what steps are required to uninstall an application manually.

Antivirus installed on the problematic machine.

Friday, January 3, 2014 1:53 PM
  • Most probably your antivirus software blocked the file. That is why the installer couldn't locate the required file. Is this the case? You can try to remove the windows registry entries of your add-in and files on the disk. Actually, the actions depend on your installer.
    Friday, January 3, 2014 8:18 PM