help me plz... RRS feed

• Question

• i am a traine in my company, and i need to create company webpage with silverlight 1.0 ( VS 2005 ), how to create a website by using asp.net? can teach me step by step, or provide some website? izit need many web form in side one solution? and how do create many silverlight in a solution? create the javascript and xaml file ownself?... hope can get reply as soon as posible, coz dateline is coming soon, thanks very much.

Monday, March 31, 2008 6:04 AM

Answers

• Hello, if you want to display the same Silverlight content in different aspx pages, you only need to create one Silverlight project. But if you need different Silverlight contents, you'll probably want multiple Silverlight projects. For your second question, you can use both ways. But generally speaking, it's better to create a separate Silverlight project because then you can use it in different web applications. Also this is the only way to go with Silverlight 2.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 2:18 AM

All replies

• For Silverlight 1.0, you can probably learn from QuickStart http://www.silverlight.net/quickstarts/silverlight10/default.aspx and Dave's sample http://www.wynapse.com/Silverlight.aspx 

If you are okay to use Silverlight 2 beta 1 with VS 2008, I may provide more help for that. So, Is it okay for you to use Silverlight 2 beta1 with VS 2008?

Monday, March 31, 2008 9:18 AM
  • my company only provide VS 2005, so i forced to use silverlight 1.0 Sad, About these two link that you provide, I already read it previously, but what i don't understand is how to make a website that can work with many silverlight? i feel confuse cause now wat i do is use VS 005 create a silverlight project, for example go FILE > NEW > PROJECT > SILVERLIGHT, then add a new aspx file to plug in silverlight and other webpage layout, after that i wan create another webpage and silverligt, izit need create another new silvrlight project? and i see some tutorial is go FILE > NEW > WEB SITE > ASP.NET WEBSITE, and then create the xaml and js file ownself... which is the right way or best way to make a website? hope to get ur reply soon, thanks Yes

Monday, March 31, 2008 11:25 AM
  • Hello, if you want to display the same Silverlight content in different aspx pages, you only need to create one Silverlight project. But if you need different Silverlight contents, you'll probably want multiple Silverlight projects. For your second question, you can use both ways. But generally speaking, it's better to create a separate Silverlight project because then you can use it in different web applications. Also this is the only way to go with Silverlight 2.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 2:18 AM