none
IoT

Question

• When I try running the "Background Application (IoT)" template I get a message "C:/Program Files (86)\microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Python Tools for Visual Studio-Uwp\2.2\Microsoft.PythonTools.Uwp.targets" can not be found. I look and that file is on the F: Disk not the C: Disk. How can I change the path or which is the easies way to fix this issue?
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Ppython Tools,

Glad to know that you have resolved this issue, and thanks for sharing your solution here. And I have one question that if you delete the all files under "F:/Program Files (86)\microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Python Tools for Visual Studio-Uwp\2.2\Microsoft.PythonTools.Uwp.targets", whether Visual Studio works fine. If it works fine, I think you could try to move all file of Python Tools for Visual Studio to C disk and delete all files on Python Tools for under F disk. But please back-up all deleted file, if this method doesn’t work that we could restore these files.

In addition, I installed Python Tools from VS, and Python Tools are existing in “C:/Program Files (86)\microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\”. Please refer to the following screenshot.

You could refer to the above screenshot and copy all necessary folders from F disk to C disk.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Ppython Tools Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:48 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Would you please share me where you installed Python Tools and which version of VS you have used? In my side VS2015 Enterprise, I have installed Python Tools through Visual Studio and I could create a Background Application(loT) without any problems.

I suggest you could install Python Tools via Visual Studio, please refer to the following steps:

click start->control panel-> programs and features->right-click Microsoft Visual Studio VS 2015->change -> Modify

Please refer to the following screenshot, enable the option Python Tools for Visual Studio (June 2016).

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 19, 2016 5:56 AM
  • Oscarw:

Thanks for the help, but I was looking for an easy way to fix this problem.

I did fix the issue, but not sure if it was the best way. What I did is that I copy "F:/Program Files (86)\microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Python Tools for Visual Studio-Uwp\2.2\Microsoft.PythonTools.Uwp.targets" to "C:/Program Files (86)\microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Python Tools for Visual Studio-Uwp\2.2\Microsoft.PythonTools.Uwp.targets". If there is a better way to fix this issue please reply, but for now I stuck with the same data on two disk drives.

Thanks Again,

Joe

None

Monday, August 22, 2016 9:17 PM
  • Hi Ppython Tools,

Glad to know that you have resolved this issue, and thanks for sharing your solution here. And I have one question that if you delete the all files under "F:/Program Files (86)\microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Python Tools for Visual Studio-Uwp\2.2\Microsoft.PythonTools.Uwp.targets", whether Visual Studio works fine. If it works fine, I think you could try to move all file of Python Tools for Visual Studio to C disk and delete all files on Python Tools for under F disk. But please back-up all deleted file, if this method doesn’t work that we could restore these files.

In addition, I installed Python Tools from VS, and Python Tools are existing in “C:/Program Files (86)\microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\”. Please refer to the following screenshot.

You could refer to the above screenshot and copy all necessary folders from F disk to C disk.

Sincerely,

Oscar

• Marked as answer by Ppython Tools Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:48 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:26 AM