none
SqlDbType.DateTime System.DataTime conversion. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

Why am I getting an overflow on the below. Everything I can find indicates that this should work.

Will get around it for now using getdate() in the proc but would like to understand.

cmd.Parameters.Add("@pdPackageCreationDate", SqlDbType.DateTime).Value = DateTime.Now;

Thanks

shaun

Monday, July 14, 2014 11:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• When are you getting the error?  Is it when you execute the command?  Is the database field a DATE or a VARCHAR?  The method getdate() uses a string so I suspect the database field should be changed from a VARCHAR to a DATE?

jdweng

Monday, July 14, 2014 12:38 PM
  • Hi.

@pdPackageCreationDate is DateTime type in the database.

Exception throws when the stored procedure is called on the command execute.

Sorry mislead you slightly with getdate(). All I was saying is that to get around I got rid of that parameter completely and just generated the desired date in the proc (using getdate()) instead passing it from the .net client.

Thanks

shaun

Monday, July 14, 2014 12:53 PM
  • Can you get the Stack Trace (including inner exception) by either copy details to clipboard on Pop-Up or add a CATCH and get the ex.StackTrace?

jdweng

Monday, July 14, 2014 4:54 PM
  • Does it happen even if you pass this value: ‘ . . . = new SqlDateTime(DateTime.Now)’, or use AddWithValue?

Also confirm that the parameter of stored procedure (not only the column) is a datetime too.

Monday, July 14, 2014 6:08 PM