Claims Based Authentication in SharePoint 2010 with Explorer View RRS feed

• Question

• I apologize in advance if this a simple question or covered else.  I have been doing research into Claims Based authentication but haven't had the time/resources to test this myself.  My question concerns Claims Based Authentication with SharePoint 2010 and how authentication/authorization works with Explorer View, Saving directly from Word, etc . . .

I know with SharePoint 2007 there were issues with FBA doing these types of things with FBA backed by the SQL RoleProvider. Do these limitations still exist in SharePoint 2010 with Claims?  

What I want to do is setup a ADFSv2 trust between my company and a partner firm, and setup Claims authentication and have those users interact with SharePoint as if they were accounts in my domain - save files to SharePoint directly from Word, use Explorer View, use SharePoint Workspaces, etc . . .

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 4:38 PM

All replies

• In SharePoint 2010, your Office clients will work fine with claims authentication, provided that you have persistent cookies enabled for the trust provider. (I beleive this si the default setting, but it can be changed to session based cookies with PowerShell.) However, WebDAV does not appear to be claims aware in any respect. So, unfortunatley, I have not found any way to make Explorer View work with a claims based site. I am not sure what other functionality may not work correctly for you in CBA configuration.
    Monday, April 18, 2011 6:20 PM