How to create Win8 apps using C++ in VS12?

Question

• Hi,

I am new to win8 apps development in c++. Is there any good documentation/link is available for programming using C++ in Win8 app development.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:33 AM

Answers

• Start with Getting started with Windows Store apps and choose the C++ track halfway down the page.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:40 AM
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:27 PM
    Owner
  • WASAPI is the best way to do the capture in raw format, but you can also look at the MediaStreamSource sample. Saving as FLAC is more difficult: you would need to implement a FLAC Media Foundation Codec and sink and include them in your appxpackage. This is extremely difficult if you aren't very familiar with media programming, but take a look at the Media Extensions sample and the Real-Time Communication sample.

--Rob

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:31 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Start with Getting started with Windows Store apps and choose the C++ track halfway down the page.

--Rob

Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:27 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

I want to capture voice in raw format and want save it in FLAC format. Please help me regarding this. Tell me documentation/link to do it by using c# or C++. I have already seen WASAPI sample.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:42 AM
  • WASAPI is the best way to do the capture in raw format, but you can also look at the MediaStreamSource sample. Saving as FLAC is more difficult: you would need to implement a FLAC Media Foundation Codec and sink and include them in your appxpackage. This is extremely difficult if you aren't very familiar with media programming, but take a look at the Media Extensions sample and the Real-Time Communication sample.

--Rob

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:31 AM
    Owner
  • Hi,

Unfortunately both the samples are not working. Do you know any documentation regarding this.

Regards,

Amol

Thursday, November 01, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Hello,

Can you please clarify what "not working" means? Are you getting an error?

Thanks,

James

Windows Media SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Thursday, November 01, 2012 6:16 PM
  • It shows some file are not present and some time it gives break point  at the end of throw file...

Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:14 AM