none
Can not submit my Desktop App...

Question

• Hi All,

In my Windows Dev account I want to submit my Desktop app for the store. After logging in I select Desktop Apps and I get a page but no way to submit. If I instead go to Windows Store app the page there has a image with a link to setup for a new Windows iPhone app. I cehecked my account and it seems ok although the Developer Info shows pending status and may have been that way for some time.

How do I get this issue fixed so I can create the info for my app for Windows "Desktop apps" and then submit?

Thanks,

-Tony

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 3:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Mapguru,

In order to submit desktop apps you need to have a business developer account.  Business developer accounts go through Symantec validation once every year.  During the validation process you are unable to submit/update any apps.  Symantec's validation process can take 7-10 business days to complete.  If you would like Dev Center Support can take a look at the validation process to see if everything is going smoothly or if something needs to be done on your end to complete.

-Miles

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 3:24 PM
  • Did you get a certification in the desktop dev center? ( http://sysdev.microsoft.com )

Prior to listing to the Windows Store, you need to get a certification in the desktop dev center.

In order to certify, you need to purchase a code signing certificate from Symantec or DigiCert, if you don't have it.
    (There are many certificate company, but only these two companies are accepted by Microsoft.)

1. If your company is not listed in the sysdev, you need to signup in the dev center.
    2. If you don't have a code signing certificate mentioned above, you need to purchase it. (Symantec: 99 USD / 1st year, renewal is more expensive.)
    3. Download the WinQual.exe from sysdev and sign it with purchased certificate digitally and upload it to the sysdev.
    4. Enter your payment information in the sysdev.
    5. Sign a legal agreement.
    6. Check your developed app with latest WACK. (Windows Application Certification Kit)
    7. Export the WACK report as XML.
    8. Submit the exported XML to the sysdev.
    9. When your app is certified by Microsoft in the desktop dev center, you can see a checkbox. "Put this app to the Windows Store."
    10. Now you can submit it to the Windows Store :)

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 7:19 AM