WinMaps.adml localised to en-GB RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Has anyone else found that the WinMaps.adml in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en-GB\ is missing the localised string for the "turn off unsolicited network traffic on the Offline Maps settings page" value (string id "DisallowUntriggeredNetworkOnSettingsPage_Name")?

I've had a look at the "Windows10_Version_1511_ADMX.msi" file (from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48257) but that doesn't include an en-GB translation file.  The en-GB language pack for Windows 10 1511 (from SW_DVD5_Win_10_1511_32-BIT_X64_MultiLang_LangPackAll_LIP_OEM_VL_X20-75632.ISO) includes WinMaps.adml, but it's missing the string id.

I'm not sure if I've got some patches installed in the wrong order, or if there actually is an oversight somewhere.

At the moment I'm adding a command into our build stream to simply delete the en-GB ADML so GPEdit.msc falls back to the en-US file (which does contain the string id) - obviously this is something I'd rather not have to do.

Any comments and suggestions welcomed,

Many thanks,

Peter

Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:37 PM

All replies

• Getting this too since applying the 1607 PolicyDefinitions.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 10:42 AM
  • Glad it's not just me!  I haven't found a better solution yet unfortunately.
    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 10:43 AM