none
Scroll bars in Excel services web part RRS feed

• Question

• On my sharepoint site, I am displaying an excel pivot chart that uses slicers. My problem is that I can't get the scroll bars away. I followed the suggestion from the other thread and that seems to work if I publish the individual items from the spread sheet and display those. The problem with that is that I get the charts, but no slicers.  If I publish the entire workbook, I get the charts with the splicers, all of it functional. The sheets have no other items on them except for the charts, which are not very large.

Is there a way I can just change the size of the workbook's area, so the whole workbook is a finite size, rather than infinite? Or is there a way I could just make the scroll bars go away? Resizing the web part would not work, since the spreadsheet is vast and empty.

Thursday, August 5, 2010 7:12 PM

Answers

• Create a named range for the cells behind the chart and the slicer; i.e. put the slicer and chart at A1 and then size A1 to be exactly the size of the slicers and chart. Then create a named Item for A1, and then publish that named item (not the slicer or chart)... that should do it.

S/W Engineer, Microsoft Office Excel Services
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:32 PM

All replies

• Create a named range for the cells behind the chart and the slicer; i.e. put the slicer and chart at A1 and then size A1 to be exactly the size of the slicers and chart. Then create a named Item for A1, and then publish that named item (not the slicer or chart)... that should do it.

S/W Engineer, Microsoft Office Excel Services
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:32 PM
  • That's a really good idea. I am going to try that!

Yep, that worked! Thanks a lot!

Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:55 PM
  • Please note that there is a bug (or feature, depending upon your view) that does not allow a Named Area to be published if it is blank.

I highlighted the cells around my PivotChart and slicers.  I created the Named Area and then I added some spaces in the first cell (just hit the space bar a few times when your named area is selected).  Then I was able to publish it to Excel Services in SharePoint.

Make sure you thoughtfully use the white space around your named area by adjusting the columns and rows.

I was inspired by this article: http://mscerts.programming4.us/sharepoint/sharepoint%202010%20%20%20excel%20service%20-%20demonstration%20scenario%20(part%203).aspx

It gives an excellent walk through.

Cheers,

Mick

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:28 PM