CodedUI Builder throws exception like "Method or operation not implemented" while try to recognize the custom control in VS2013 update 5 RRS feed

• Question

• Just now i have updated  VS2013 update 5, after update installed  my coded ui builder cant  detect my custom control. it shows  error pop up like below image

But it works fine in VS2013 update 3. Please help me to resolve this problem ...

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sharp Gobi

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 1:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Sharp Gobi,

If it worked well in update 3, but it had this issue in update 5, I think we have to make sure that whether it is really the VS2013 update 5's issue.

For example:

(1)Record the same coded UI test in other VS2013 update 5 machine, check it again.

(2)Record it again after you remove the update 5 in your machine.

But if we make sure that it is the VS2013 update's issue, you can submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.

Of course, if possible, you could share a simple sample in your connect report, so it would be better for the connect team members to really troubleshoot and repro this issue.

If you submit the report, please also share us the link here, so we could also get the latest information from the report team.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, September 6, 2015 7:00 AM