Uploaded VHD fails to start with "The server encountered an internal error. Please retry the request." RRS feed

• Question

• I uploaded a vhd to Azure and attempted to start a VM from it. The console shows an error "The server encountered an internal error. Please retry the request." I retried a number of times and it has not yet started the VM. How can I go about debugging this issue? Is there some logs I can look at?
    Sunday, July 5, 2015 12:12 PM

Answers

• HI Brian,

Sincere apologies for responding late to this query.

Are you still facing the same issue.

You can get the operation ID from the preview portal, the moment it fails with the operation which you try to perform you get a notification on the left pane. You can click on it to get the details.

Girish Prajwal

• Marked as answer by Shreya Hajela Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:43 AM
    Monday, July 13, 2015 6:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting here.

Are you trying to deploy the VM using the existing VHD to existing cloud services.

I suggest you to create a new cloud service with the VHD and let us know the result.

Girish Prajwal

Sunday, July 5, 2015 12:50 PM
  • Hi, thanks for the reply. I have tried that and I get the same error.
    Sunday, July 5, 2015 7:05 PM
  • Hi Brian,

Also, try hosting the VM in a different region with different cores and let us know operation ID if it fails.

While provisioning the VHD and it fails. Do you get the operation ID details. Can you please provide the same for us to validate from the back-end where it going wrong.

Girish Prajwal

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 1:16 PM
  • How can I get the operation id?
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:26 PM
  • Its the same with a larger machine. If you can tell me how to determine the operation ID I will give you that.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:35 PM
  • HI Brian,

Sincere apologies for responding late to this query.

Are you still facing the same issue.

You can get the operation ID from the preview portal, the moment it fails with the operation which you try to perform you get a notification on the left pane. You can click on it to get the details.

Girish Prajwal

• Marked as answer by Shreya Hajela Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:43 AM
    Monday, July 13, 2015 6:05 PM