Docker swarm init breaks network on host RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to find where to report bugs with Docker Enterprise on Windows Server, but haven't found any place to do this, so I post it here. If there is a place for this, please direct me to it (and update the documentation so it's easy to find).

I have a host that uses VLAN in it's network configuration, but when creating a docker swarm it breaks the connection to the host when the ingress overlay netwowrk is created since it doesn't copy the VLAN id from the network configuration into the virtual adapter that replaces the physical one. The only way to reconnect to the computer is to use console (which in a hosting environment isn't that easy).

docker swarm init must when it creates the ingress network automatically add an option with the physical VLAN id so it doesn't break the network connection.

Docker version information:

Client: Docker Engine - Enterprise
     Version:           18.09.5
     API version:       1.39
     Go version:        go1.10.8
     Git commit:        be4553c277
     Built:             04/11/2019 06:44:52
     OS/Arch:           windows/amd64
     Experimental:      false

Server: Docker Engine - Enterprise
     Engine:
      Version:          18.09.5
      API version:      1.39 (minimum version 1.24)
      Go version:       go1.10.8
      Git commit:       be4553c277
      Built:            04/11/2019 06:43:04
      OS/Arch:          windows/amd64
      Experimental:     true

Windows OS: Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.379)

--Rune

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful" if the post helped you to a solution of your problem.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:49 AM