none
Bypass Office 2013 Backstage View Dynamically While Saving A File RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Is there any way I can bypass the Backstage View dynamically whenever saving a file.

I know I can set this through File -> Options -> Save -> Don’t show the Backstage when opening or saving files option. But I don't want my user to force to check this option. Is there any way I can set this option dynamically through my C# code and then revert the option back to normal when the user has finished saving the file or when my add-ins get disabled.

I found one option of handling this by the registry key  SkipOpenAndSaveAsPlace in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\General". But I don't want to fiddle around with the registry settings.

The only option that I left with is to hide the original Save button in File Tab and QAT and put my own button there through ribbon.  

Is there any simpler workaround for this. Creating and customizing ribbons to implement save functionality in Save menu option and QAT will be a major change in my code.

Thanks

Shaweta

Friday, October 4, 2013 7:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN develop forums.

As far as I know, current options API does not support manipulate File -> Options -> Save -> Don’t show the Backstage when opening or saving files option.

>>Is there any simpler workaround for this. Creating and customizing ribbons to implement save functionality in Save menu option and QAT will be a major change in my code.<<

I can hardly find a simpler workaround without customizing ribbons to implement save functionality in save menu option and QAT.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:15 PM
  • Hi Shaweta

I did some asking around and there is, indeed, nothing in the object model for this option. So it would mean working with the Registry entry...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN develop forums.

As far as I know, current options API does not support manipulate File -> Options -> Save -> Don’t show the Backstage when opening or saving files option.

>>Is there any simpler workaround for this. Creating and customizing ribbons to implement save functionality in Save menu option and QAT will be a major change in my code.<<

I can hardly find a simpler workaround without customizing ribbons to implement save functionality in save menu option and QAT.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:15 PM
  • Hi Shaweta

I did some asking around and there is, indeed, nothing in the object model for this option. So it would mean working with the Registry entry...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:21 PM