Error after restore and try to attach RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Ive restored the DBs back into a test environment, renewed the GUID then try to attach but get this error. 

TF400129: Error from readiness check: verifying that the database is not registered

I cannot find ANY information for this. Please advise?

Monday, July 2, 2012 2:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, 

I have a live TFS server that I wanted to restore the DB to a new server.

So I  backed up the SQL Dbs, restored them to another server, renewed the GUID as both servers are live but now get TF30046: The instance information does not match

apparently this could be caused by me not detaching the DBs before but these are live DBs im trying to mount onto another TFS  server

Can someone help?

Cheers

Geraint 

Monday, July 2, 2012 3:38 PM
  • Hi Geraint,

Thank you for your post.

Seems you post another question, and may as same as this one that caused during restore TFS DB. I merge them together, it will be very beneficial for other community members having the similar questions.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 6:03 AM
  • Hi Geraint,

Thank you for your post.

Why you want to restore TFS DB? If you want to upgrade TFS, what version of TFS you are using, and what version of TFS you want to upgrade to?

If you want to upgrade from TFS 2010 to TFS 2012, you can refer to http://blog.damianbrady.com.au/2012/06/03/upgrading-tfs2010-tfs2012-rc-done/, and the steps in the article one by one.

If you want to move TFS DB to another server, you can refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms404869.aspx.

They are many steps for both scenarios, please do not skip any step, otherwise, you may not able to restore/attach the DB properly.

Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 7:00 AM