none
The timestamp when receive a management frame. Windows 7 - NDIS 6.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am developing a native 802.11 miniport driver, and I found that "Time Date Local Adjusted" and "Time Offset" are incorrect using Network Monitor. The local system time I began the capture is 11/03, 2014.

Below is the screenshot:

I am not working on an physical wireless NIC but a virtual HAL in a windows virtual machine, the virtual machine works on a linux host.  So when I scan for the AP in windows, I just deliver the scan command to linux, then capture beacon and probe response frame on linux via pcap, then take back the results directly.

What mistake I made above, Do I need deal with the results? Any help will be appreciated!

Monday, November 3, 2014 8:26 AM

Answers

• This is strange. The pcap timestamps are not part of the packets, they are metadata appended to the packets. They should never get into the calculations. The problem is somewhere else.

-- pa

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your reply and forgive my poor English.

I am confuse that The Date Local Adjusted time not equal to my local time, In the screenshot above, It is a consequent packet capture in seconds on November 03, obviously, The Date Local Adjusted time is incorrect and  unreasonable.

Because of the incorrect time, when I connect to AP, the event view prompt:

Wireless security failed.

Network Adapter: Halsign Network Adapter #0
    Interface GUID: {c678ffa5-2dcf-44dd-8008-3499671039d4}
    Local MAC Address: 80:9B:20:A5:14:28
    Network SSID: Athinkpad
    BSS Type: Infrastructure
    Peer MAC Address: 84:A6:C8:38:BA:1D
    Reason: Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time
    Error: 0x0

The screenshot below is a packet capture when connect to SSID Athinkpad, the time of EAPOL3 is too later than EAPOL2.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:30 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Is the issue "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time" indicate that Windows is timeout when receive the frame EAPOL 3 instead of other reasons? And how long is the configured time? 

• Edited by sibingsong Wednesday, November 5, 2014 11:08 AM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 11:02 AM
  • Thank you for your help. When I Solve the time stamp issue, the frame EAPOL 3 will be received in 0.1 second, but the same issue happened, can you provide me some guide?
    Friday, November 7, 2014 1:40 PM
  • Thank you for your help and patience.
    Saturday, November 8, 2014 2:56 AM