none
Visual Studio 2015 Performance

General discussion

• I, as a casual game developer and a hard Windows user, I encounter scripts and config files on a regular basis. To mess with these, Notepad wouldn't cut it. I installed Visual Studio (Perhaps the largest program on my PC), and I LOVE IT. It's so nice to use, given all of it's features. However, considering that my most powerful computer hardware is a $400 laptop (AMD A10-9600P (4 Cores 4 Threads @2.4/3.2GHz), 12GB DDR4-1866, and a 1TB WD Blue 5400rpm SATA3 HDD), I end up spending around three minutes waiting for Visual Studio to open. As such, I currently use Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/) for all of my coding needs. Anyone know of any possible ways to improve performance in VS? Thanks!
    Monday, April 24, 2017 2:38 PM

All replies

• Hi specialopsdave,

Do you mean that it was slowly just open the blank VS IDE?

If you clean up the temp folder in your machine, and then open your VS in safe mode, how about the result?

Devenv.exe /safemode

Please also close all third party tools/processes in your windows.

We need to make sure that whether it is related to the VS add-ins or any third party tools/process in your windows.

Thanks,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:33 AM