One on One Expression 4 web tutoring in Pasadena CA RRS feed

• Question

• I need some web tutoring on expression 4 in Pasadena CA.  I am working on a web site for a client and he wants things I do not know how to do.  I can do simple HTML pages, but his requirements are more complex.  Let me know.
    Friday, March 18, 2011 10:15 AM

All replies

• I doubt that you will find someone in Pasadena, CA here who can do in person tutoring on this list. Most folks here who do tutorining do it online via application sharing.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Friday, March 18, 2011 1:51 PM
  • Walt, I'm not in Pasadena, but I have helped a number of people. Depends on what the specific needs are. Go to my website, www.allureiw.com, and contact me via the contact page. Let me know what is needed, and I'll tell you if I am the right person.

Rick Dieffenbach
    www.ProfessionalWebsiteReview.com
    Tutorials for Reviewing Your Website
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 11:16 AM
  • Rick,

I took a look at your site and had a couple of questions. I looked at your source code because the background flashed when I moved from page to page and saw:

<body style ="background-image:url(images/bg_full.jpg);" >

Why did you choose to put the body background in the html of the pages instead of the external stylesheet?

I am also curious why you are forcing IE 7 compatiblity on your visitors. I didn't see anything that should require downgrading the browser display properly.

<meta http-equiv= "X-UA-Compatible" content= "IE=7" />

Last question, why would you use a Dreamweaver DWT with ASP.NET pages like you did in the portfolio section of your site? After all if you are using dotnet then master pages would make much ore sense to me and I'm interest in why you chose that workflow.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 1:58 PM