Setting directory permissions RRS feed

• Question

• How can I set directory permissions to /home/site/wwwroot/* from a dockerfile?

I am using a nodejs deployment. I need the foundryvtt and foundrydata directories to allow a specific uid permissions.

CMD ["node""/home/site/wwwroot/foundryvtt/resources/app/main.js""--headless""--dataPath=/home/site/wwwroot/foundrydata" ]

Jake

• Edited by jkapp Thursday, April 30, 2020 10:40 PM
    Thursday, April 30, 2020 10:39 PM

All replies

• Thanks for asking question! Just to confirm if you have enabled persisted files in your site? As When you persist storage with the WEBSITES_ENABLE_APP_SERVICE_STORAGE app setting, we mount a location in Azure Storage to the /home mount point. The permissions on this are 777 and you cannot change these permissions, even if you attempt to do so from an initialization script or from SSH. You may refer to this document for more details on this.

To change permissions, you need to set WEBSITES_ENABLE_APP_SERVICE_STORAGE to false in the application. To add to this, you cannot do this in standard (built-in) Linux images, and you have to build your own.  You may investigate this article on this. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're migrating from MSDN to Microsoft Q&A as our new forums and Azure App Service has already made the move!  In future, you can ask and look for the discussion for Azure App Service related questions here:   https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/topics/azure-webapps.html

We are actively working to onboard remaining Azure services on Microsoft Q&A. We will make a public announcement once complete. Want to Learn more about new platform: Microsoft Q&A Getting Started

Monday, May 11, 2020 12:22 PM