none
CRM Adapter FetchResponse Parsing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

What is the best way of parsing the FetchResponse returned from CRM using the CRM Adapter 4.0 ?

I want to extract the <FetchXmlResult> content from the below Response , construct a new XMLDocument(Schema) & use this for another mapping (to destination system).

How can the serialization of &lt; into <  be handled ?

I have read some previous posts here ,but I am looking for specific details .

<ns0:Response xmlns:ns0="http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/BizTalkAdapter/Response">

<Header>

<ReturnCode>1</ReturnCode>

<ErrorCode />

<ErrorString />

<Retryable />

</Header>

<Body>

<Message><prefix:ExecuteFetchResponse xmlns:prefix="http://localhost/schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/ExecuteFetchResponse"><FetchXmlResult>&lt;resultset morerecords='0' paging-cookie='$1$$incident$incidentid$1$0$38${7C89EC34-6828-410B-9718-185B5A39A8BA}$!$incident$incidentid$1$0$38${7C89EC34-6828-410B-9718-185B5A39A8BA}$'&gt;&lt;result&gt;&lt;ticketnumber&gt;CAS-01006-ZBEJ0W&lt;/ticketnumber&gt;&lt;title&gt;This is test case1&lt;/title&gt;&lt;/result&gt;&lt;/resultset&gt;</FetchXmlResult></prefix:ExecuteFetchResponse></Message>

</Body>

</ns0:Response>

Thanks & Regards

Sullu

Please mark as answer if this solved the issue.Thanks
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:16 AM

Answers

• Ok.

I managed to get a solution , but not sure if there is any better way.

I formatted the XML  by doing  string replace, for example characters like &lt; with "<". This can be done in better ways using external .NET code or within Orchestration expression shape.

Now my XML is well formatted & I selected the single result node from the XML,have created a Schema out of it.

Used the Result schema to map with destination system.

if anybody still got any other way of doing it ,please dont hesitate to share here.

NB: The resultset returned by calling the webservice directly (using .NET code) is much better & cleaner than the one returned by CRM Adapter in BizTalk.

Thanks .

Sullu

Please mark as answer if this solved the issue.Thanks
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 3:17 PM