Connecting to IBM Sterling Mail Box RRS feed

• Question

• I got a new requirement to send messages from a SFTP server to IBM Sterling Mailbox using BizTalk. I have no idea how to connect to IBM Sterling Mailbox. How can this be done, I tried to google but not much information I found. Can anybody help me with this.

Thanks

Saturday, April 4, 2015 5:51 PM

Answers

• Sterling/Gentran supports several ways to connect, including (S)FTP.

You have to ask the Gentran administrators what their installation supports.  They have to be able to tell you exactly.

Typically, a local "mailbox" is just some form of file folder. Yes, it's works perfectly fine with BizTalk, I've done it many times and if there's a problem, 99%, it' on the Gentran side.

• Marked as answer by sid_siv Monday, April 6, 2015 7:27 PM
    Saturday, April 4, 2015 6:17 PM
  • So you have the Identifiers, you need that to form the EDI, specifically the ISA and GS segments.

However, those really have nothing to do with how the EDI messages get transmitted and have nothing to do with the FTP or SFTP.

The Gentran admins also need to provide the standard FTP details, server name, user, password, folders, etc.

Have you done BizTalk EDI Tutorials?  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa560270.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Monday, April 6, 2015 1:07 PM

All replies

• Sterling/Gentran supports several ways to connect, including (S)FTP.

You have to ask the Gentran administrators what their installation supports.  They have to be able to tell you exactly.

Typically, a local "mailbox" is just some form of file folder. Yes, it's works perfectly fine with BizTalk, I've done it many times and if there's a problem, 99%, it' on the Gentran side.

Saturday, April 4, 2015 6:17 PM
  • These are information given,

ISA Sender ID Qualifier

Invoice and ACK

ISA Sender

ISA 15

GS Application sender Code

How can we connect using a SFTP or FTP adapter with the above information.

Monday, April 6, 2015 11:33 AM
  • So you have the Identifiers, you need that to form the EDI, specifically the ISA and GS segments.

However, those really have nothing to do with how the EDI messages get transmitted and have nothing to do with the FTP or SFTP.

The Gentran admins also need to provide the standard FTP details, server name, user, password, folders, etc.

Have you done BizTalk EDI Tutorials?  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa560270.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Monday, April 6, 2015 1:07 PM