none
Fetch Answer / Reason / Text of a Meeting-Response RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, is there a way to get the Answer / Text (wich is delivered by Mail) of a Meeting Response in the NotificationEvent?

Best regards
    Monday, January 30, 2017 4:45 PM

Answers

• The reason isn't stored on the Appointment it will only be in the response message which should be in the Organizers Inbox (if they haven't deleted or moved it). So use the PidLidCleanGlobalObjectId https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/cc839502.aspx property to find the associated Messages in the particular Inbox and enumerate through those (its not particular easy to do)
    • Marked as answer by Huenty Wednesday, February 1, 2017 12:59 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 1:40 AM

All replies

• Please, explain
    Monday, January 30, 2017 10:23 PM
  • The answer is stored in the Body of the Response message so all you need to do is use a GetItem (or load in the EWS Managed API) using the ItemId to get the Body of the particular response message.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:33 AM
  • Where can i find the ItemId?

For example... I am person A who created a meeting and invited person B.
    I listen on the Events of person A und receive a Changed Event by decline of person B.
    I run through the Attendees and found the MeetingResponseType.Decline of person B.
    How can i find out if person B gives a reason for the Decline.

Best regards :)

• Edited by Huenty Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:10 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:08 PM
  • The reason isn't stored on the Appointment it will only be in the response message which should be in the Organizers Inbox (if they haven't deleted or moved it). So use the PidLidCleanGlobalObjectId https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/cc839502.aspx property to find the associated Messages in the particular Inbox and enumerate through those (its not particular easy to do)
    • Marked as answer by Huenty Wednesday, February 1, 2017 12:59 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 1:40 AM
  • Okay... That is what i thought. Just wanted to know if there is a easier way. Thanks for the answer. :)

Best regards
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 1:02 PM