none
Email Subject getting lost while emailing from Excel (with Application.Dialogs) RRS feed

• Question

• I have automated the job of emailing an Excel spreadsheet, I have utilized some code that included "Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show".

Sub EmailOrder()
     Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show "name@domain.com", "My Subject"
    End Sub

It has worked fine until I have updated to Office 2016. The person using the spreadsheet would hit a button and the send email dialog from Outlook would come up pre-populated with the spreadsheet as an attachment, the email address and subject. Now the subject wrong: in most of the cases it looks to be Chinese characters.

Can anyboby advise accordingly?

Thanks,
    Davide

Davide, Spinea IT

Monday, January 25, 2016 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Davide,

I am able to reproduce this issue too. As a workaround, we can send the mail via automate the Outlook application with Outlook object model. You can refer to link below about more detail about this topic:
    Using Automation to Send a Microsoft Outlook Message

And to fix this issue, I suggest that you trying submit the feedback from link below:
    Excel UserVoice

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Davide,

I tested your problem in my environment and I got the same problem as yours. I suppose this issue might be caused by Office 2016 but not the code. I will move your case to MSDN forum Excel for Developers, engineers in that forum will provide a workaround for you problem:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 8:51 AM
  • Hi Davide,

I am able to reproduce this issue too. As a workaround, we can send the mail via automate the Outlook application with Outlook object model. You can refer to link below about more detail about this topic:
    Using Automation to Send a Microsoft Outlook Message

And to fix this issue, I suggest that you trying submit the feedback from link below:
    Excel UserVoice

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:10 AM