none
Setup project is missing Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime prerequisite RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i have created an excel-addin for Excel 2007, with Visual studio 2010.

i'm trying to create a setup project, but in the prerequisites list i can't see the Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime prerequisite.

Before you ask: yes, i have installed Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime.

what am i missing?

Monday, March 25, 2013 12:11 AM

Answers

• Thanks Michael.

David, I'm a little confused by your description:

If you create Setup project for VSTO project, then what you need is the Launch Condition: setup project node > right click > View > Launch Condition, and setup your condition. You can check this site to download a complete sample of Windows Installer deployment.

If you deploy through ClickOnce, that's different path. I ask because only deployment in this way, you see the "Prerequisite list": If so, can you take a screenshot of the Prerequiste dialog? go though:

VSTO addin project > Properties Page > Publish > Prerequisite

The VSTO runtime as prerequisite is to be checked in this dialog.

Does that help ?  Please feel free to let us know.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Friday, March 29, 2013 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Davide_sd,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'll consult my colleague on your issue. You'll be informed if there's any update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:44 AM
  • Visual studio gets the list of the available prereqs from

(on my dev machine)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages

you can download VSTO package and copy it there. Just make sure that VStudio finds product.xml and package.xml

Here is a helpful link

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsto/archive/2012/12/21/creating-a-bootstrapper-package-for-an-office-2013-vsto-add-in-with-visual-studio-2012.aspx

Hope that helps,

Michael

Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:28 AM
  • Thanks Michael.

David, I'm a little confused by your description:

If you create Setup project for VSTO project, then what you need is the Launch Condition: setup project node > right click > View > Launch Condition, and setup your condition. You can check this site to download a complete sample of Windows Installer deployment.

If you deploy through ClickOnce, that's different path. I ask because only deployment in this way, you see the "Prerequisite list": If so, can you take a screenshot of the Prerequiste dialog? go though:

VSTO addin project > Properties Page > Publish > Prerequisite

The VSTO runtime as prerequisite is to be checked in this dialog.

Does that help ?  Please feel free to let us know.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Friday, March 29, 2013 3:34 AM
  • I should note, too, that the latest (http://aka.ms/OfficeDevToolsForVS2012) version of the tooling does provide the bootstrapper package.  All you need to do is enable its checkmark in the Prerequisite list.

Michael Zlatkovsky | Program Manager, Visual Studio Tools for Office & Apps for Office

Friday, April 5, 2013 10:53 PM