none
Python Site packages not recognized by intellisense

Question

• I am using PTVS 2.2. Intellisense is not working in text editor but in interactive window it shows suggestions. How do I add auto-completion for the packages I compiled from source and added to python Lib/site-packages 

As you can see in the images attached the auto-completion is working in python interactive window but not in the text editor but the code works well if I type everything in the text editor.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/934243

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/934244

Sunday, September 11, 2016 9:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Rajesh Pachaikani,

There is nothing displayed in the two links you posted. Please check them.  In my side, I have created a Python application. And the Intellisense only works with pressing “Ctrl+J”, if I type the “pri” and the Intellisense not be triggered unless I press Ctrl+J. Please refer to the following screenshot:

>>How do I add auto-completion for the packages I compiled from source and added to python Lib/site-packages

Please click Tools->Python Tools->Python Environment, click IntenliSense and click Refresh DB, please refer to the following screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Rajesh Pachaikani,

There is nothing displayed in the two links you posted. Please check them.  In my side, I have created a Python application. And the Intellisense only works with pressing “Ctrl+J”, if I type the “pri” and the Intellisense not be triggered unless I press Ctrl+J. Please refer to the following screenshot:

>>How do I add auto-completion for the packages I compiled from source and added to python Lib/site-packages

Please click Tools->Python Tools->Python Environment, click IntenliSense and click Refresh DB, please refer to the following screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:30 AM
  • Hi Rajesh Pachaikani,

Have you tried the steps from the above reply? Please feel free to let me know your current results. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

Thursday, September 15, 2016 9:18 AM