AJAX Controls missing RRS feed

• Question

• User1943110736 posted

I was installing a Visual studio on a new pc I received and adding the AJAX controls via NuGet and it prompted me that there was an update for the AJAX tool, so I was like kewl new toys (AJAX Toolkit 3.5 SP1).   Now my pages are freaking out saying that things like asp:Combobox is not a recognized control.  I have searched around on how to undo the update and get the controls working again, I uninstalled the 3.5 SP1 controls through NuGet but can't seem to get the server to recognize the controls anymore.

What am I missing in getting these to work again?

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 2:38 PM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi gatorzlair,

Firstly, I’d like to know whether all AJAX Control Toolkit controls are not working.

Secondly, AJAX Control Toolkit 15.1.4.0 version is available in , you could try to upgrade to the latest version.

gatorzlair

asp:Combobox is not a recognized control.

Besides, please make sure your tagPrefix is “asp”, not “ajaxToolkit”.

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Thursday, December 24, 2015 6:46 AM
  • User1943110736 posted

HI, 

Thanks for the response, and yes it is all the controls, I can place them on the page but they just will not be accepted it is like I am dropping nothing on the page, I can type it in manually and I get the error message that id does not recognize the tag.  Updating to 15.1.4.0 is what got all this started. :)

EDIT:  It seems that it is just the Combo box for some reason,  Calendar extenders and such seem to be working fine.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 5:27 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi gatorzlair,

EDIT:  It seems that it is just the Combo box for some reason,  Calendar extenders and such seem to be working fine.

Do you get the same error “asp:Combobox is not a recognized control” ? Please try to create a new project to drag and drop Combobox in a page to test whether it will be working.

http://ajaxcontroltoolkit.devexpress.com/ComboBox/ComboBox.aspx

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:55 AM
  • User1943110736 posted

Get the same issue in a new project/web site as well.

Monday, January 11, 2016 8:48 PM