none
Ms Project 2013 report for resource name, tasks less than 100% complete within a date range I can set each time RRS feed

• Question

• I have seen I can create a report for a resource name with a specified date range, and one that can show me for a resource name any incomplete tasks, but I want to do the following and cant work out how to state it in the report constructor:

resource name equals - {I want to set a given resource in here}

% complete is less than 100%

start - date range is between [today -7 days] and [today +7 days]

Please can someone show me how this is possible, I know it will be and it is me that has been defeated!!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:46 PM

All replies

• workspacedesign,

It should be a matter of creating a custom filter and then apply that to the Resource Usage view. I'd start by making a copy of the built-in Date Range filter. Set it up as shown in the picture.

Hope this helps.

John

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 5:34 PM
  • Where are you looking for this, assuming you have posted this in customization forum, is it VBA code where in you are looking to change ? if yes can you post your code so that we can take a closer look ? 

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 6:29 PM
  • Hi John,

I tried this but the "And Before;?" didn't work. The Name, and % work complete is working ok, but I end up with a list of everything from here to the end of time, and what I want to do is show any incomplete old tasks and any tasks that need completing this week.  so if i was writing the excel formlae I would write it as 

And Start is less than or equal to  =(Today()+7)

Any ideas ?

thanks 

Thursday, May 8, 2014 7:56 AM
  • Hi its not code I am hoping to use but the report builder. there is a filter for part of what I want, which allows you to choose resource and then a date range. However I want to set it to also include % work complete, but to do this I need to do it all in one filter - well as far as I can see.

thanks

Thursday, May 8, 2014 7:58 AM
  • workspacedesign,

Oops, my bad. I missed the point that the Name field for assignment rows will be the task name and that's not what you want. There is also a glitch in the date range filter. So, here's how to fix that.

First, in the Resource Usage view, copy the Name field to Text1. Now select the resource line and do a fill down for all assignments under that resource. Do that for each resource. This could be automated with VBA, but for now, a manual setup should work fine.

Second, instead of testing for the Name field in the filter, test for the Text1 field.

Third, change the Finish test to be "less than or equal to".

Now when you apply that filter, enter beginning date of your range and then the ending date of your range followed by the resource name. You should get the data you want.

Unfortunately formulas in custom fields are not as flexible in Project as they are in Excel. For example, in Project a formula can only operate on data for that row. Further, even if you use the formula Today() +7 for your filter criteria, the first time the filter is used, Project will hard code today's date into the filter. The normal way around both of these shortcomings is to use VBA.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, May 8, 2014 6:14 PM