running the club.vsi installer! RRS feed

• Question

• User1661005202 posted

I am having trouble running this installer on my system. I tryed searching for others with this problem ,but no luck.

I am running Visual Web Developer with sp1. Have .NET framework 2.0 and 3.0 installed. If Visual Studio 2005 is required then this will be answered quickly. When I try to run the "Club.vsi installer I get an error.

"A problem occured while running the installer. Please contact the content author for problems with the content.

Error Message:
    Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified cultural or neutral cultural. Make sure Microsoft.VisualStudio.Zip.EulaCommentform.resources"was correctly embeded or linked in to assembly "Microsoft.VisualStudio.zip" at compile time, or that all the satellites assemblies required are loadable and signed."

It does not install but if I open the "Club.vsi" file with WinRar , I can extract the three files :

• Club Rtm v1 CS.zip
    • Club Rtm v1 vb.zip
    • Club vs.content

I can extract the Club cs.zip files and oen them in VWD but I recieve another error.

This is an unsupported version of Microsoft C# 3.0/Visual basic 9.0.There fore many features are not supported.
    What am I doing wrong? Thanks ahead of time! [:D]

Saturday, January 6, 2007 5:49 AM

All replies

• User1661005202 posted
    Well evidently I am the only one having trouble running .club.vsi installer with VWD! I did find out that the "Microsoft 3.0 C# error" is an error cause by having blinq or linq installed. Its a annoying error every time you load a project through VWD.
    Thursday, January 11, 2007 7:49 AM
  • User1661005202 posted
    Ok...Evidently I figured out my mistake. I got so use to double clicking the starter kit files and then having them install into VWD. Well the club starter kit required me to open the "Club.vsi" with winrar, extract the three files:club_rtm_v1_cs.zip, club_rtm_v1_vb.zip, and the Club.vscontent file. After that I simply double clicked the .vscontent file and it install into VWD. Everyday is a learning process! [:P]
    Sunday, January 14, 2007 3:36 AM