none
Printing margin differences between reportviewer and report printing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  I hope this is not too confusing. I ahve a report that I want to print 2 to a page. I defined the page as having 2 columns with 0 as the tween margin. It is in landscape mode and each column is 5.5 inches for my 8.5x11 paper. The data is put into a table control. I have set the Report without any margins, every right/left/top/bottom is 0.  If I print the report out using the printdoc-datastream...etc. the page prints out with all the data showing 2 per page. It looks OK but I have noticed that there is a .5 inch margin on the left and there is a gap of 5/8 in. between the 2 halves and a 1/8 in. margin on the right.  When I print this via the print button on the reportviewer toolbar, the .5 in. margin on the left is still there and the left half of the page is truncated by .5 in.  The margin then is present on the right side of the page.  Bottom line is I need the prints to be identical. Thre must be some margin that I need to set with code, but where? The physical printer?  Thanks, Jim
    Monday, July 11, 2011 6:50 PM