Unable to choose Northern Europe as location/region RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I'm at my wits end with this issue.

I have free month trial subscription to Azure.

I am attempting to do all this using the Azure Portal.

I want to create the following

• storage account  
    • Cloud Service
    • Network
    • vm's for session hosting.

My problem is i cannot create any of them in the Northern Europe location. The only option i get is 

• East US
    • Central US
    • Southeast Asia
    • Japan West

I have searched forums high and low and cant seem to find the reason for this apart from the data centers being at its capacity.

I have had 3 free subscriptions and this has been the case with all 3.

Could it be down to those data centers not being available to trial subscriptions.?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Russell

Monday, November 30, 2015 4:30 PM

Answers

• This behaviour was reported by many users with 'Free' subscriptions.

Microsoft estimates that when you are under a free subscription, you are just testing the features. So they only provide locations they choose.

Try to contact the Billing support, maybe they can help you and enable the required regions.

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community Visit my blog : buildwindows.wordpress.com buildwindows.wordpress.com </a>

• Marked as answer by Russell-Powell Tuesday, December 1, 2015 9:28 AM
    Monday, November 30, 2015 4:40 PM

All replies

• This behaviour was reported by many users with 'Free' subscriptions.

Microsoft estimates that when you are under a free subscription, you are just testing the features. So they only provide locations they choose.

Try to contact the Billing support, maybe they can help you and enable the required regions.

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community Visit my blog : buildwindows.wordpress.com buildwindows.wordpress.com </a>

• Marked as answer by Russell-Powell Tuesday, December 1, 2015 9:28 AM
    Monday, November 30, 2015 4:40 PM
  • Yes, this is expected behavior due to the free trial subscription. The free trial is limited in several ways and subject to change. One is that you don't get access to all 19 regions. You also are limited in some of the services offered. Some of which are:  The aggregate outbound bandwidth is limited to 20Gigabits per second. The largest VM sizes are not available.

Is there something specific you need to address / test that can't be done with your trial?

Brian
    Brian Lewis | IT Pro Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation | Blog: MyThoughtsOnIT.com 

Monday, November 30, 2015 7:08 PM
  • Thank you for taking the time to reply.  

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 9:30 AM